Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Tomato Channel

Perhaps I will rename my blog The Tomato Channel just for July. I like to obsess when the obsessing is good.



Here's a salad I made for my light dinner tonight. It's not my original idea--I think I had it at a company picnic a few years ago, and I have made many variations on it. This particular one has:

Fresh raw sweet corn
fresh diced tomato
diced whole milk mozzarella
fresh basil
diced purple onion
salt and pepper
olive oil
wine vinegar

Just let everything mingle for about an hour. I recommend eating it at room temperature, which is how I like to eat just about everything. This is a great side to something lovely from the grill, like marinated flank steak. I am just devouring it solo. The raw corn is so refreshing and sweet!

2 comments:

emily j. cole said...

I brought it to the picnic last year, and none other than the Magnificent Gordon Bass gave me the recipe. I have been craving this salad since the summer began. Now, I must make it. BTW, I'm so happy to discover your new blog posts! You're such a funny and clever gal.

Janine Serresseque said...

Thanks, Ellemy! I am glad to be back after having had an affair with Facebook.