Thursday, June 5, 2008

Guest Blogger! A Word from Andy about Toast

Thai Chipotle Toastanini

Everybody likes a bit of toast. Toast is what's for breakfast. Luvverly
doorstep, slathered in butter and marmalade. Brown and toasty on the outside
soft and tasty on the inside. Sliced from a real loaf, cut with a real
knife, irregular but perfect. Not the limp stuff at the breakfast place, but
twice as thick and cooked under a grill (broiler) not a toaster. That's how
I like toast.

So I'm at the local Panera and I thought "'Ows about a piece of toast and a
cup of tea?" So I asked for a piece of toast just like that. You'd have
thought that I'd asked for a massage or something from the look I got. "Sorry
we don't have that" she said. I looked around and saw every shape of loaf
imaginable from Tuscan flippin' this to Asiago flippin' that. Bagels were
getting toasted but a whole store of bloody bread loaves and no bleedin'
toast. Not to mention marmalade and tea, normal tea, without the chai bit,
with milk and sugar.

So... I asked for the "Asiago Thai Chipotle Toastini
(trade mark)" and when they didn't have that either I left with a haughty
British look that I had been saving for this very kind of occasion. Almost
as good as toast... with very bitter marmalade.

5 comments:

JB said...

what is up with that? Those people are crazy. But now I am hungry for bread.

Princess Crabass said...

My mom drinks tea and toast for breakfast every day. I guess maybe the Irish broad has a little Brit in her.

Jacquie O. said...

Andy writes with an accent! Flippen Brilliant!

Janine Serresseque said...

Robyn, I must be like your Mum.I had a little Brit in me just the other day!
nyuck nyuck!

Princess Crabass said...

I'm telling your mom! "Hello, Mrs. Serresseque..."