Thursday, April 10, 2008

Greater Tuna!

No, I am not going to post about my latest tuna dish. I actually hate all fruits of the sea. I'm a certifiable piscaphobe! Or is it pescaphobe?

But I am going to encourage all of you get off yer butts and see Greater Tuna at Barksdale Theatre at Hanover Tavern! I went to yesterday's matinee after a positively frustrating morning at work from which I was in a very sour mood. There is no nerve pill that can restore you like a good laugh, that's for sure.

Joe Inscoe and David Clark are absolutely brilliant playing the myriad of insane characters who populate the town of Tuna, Texas--a gun totin', book burnin', bible thumpin', KKK lovin' town. The show is expertly directed by my neighbor, Joseph Pabst, and the quick costume changes alone kind of made my head spin.

So I command you to get up to Hanover and see this little gem of a show. You will love it!

No comments: