Sunday, October 21, 2007

We Have Reached Critical Mass



My boyfriend, Andy, and I are on a weight loss journey starting today. Each of us is a good 20 pounds overweight. I could actually stand to lose 30. Andy is as weight-obsessed as any of my girlfriends. I kind of like the fact that I actually have a boyfriend that I can obsess about weight with. How many women can say that?

Of course, it's no fun for Andy unless there's a competition involved, so all I can say is bring it on, Andy Cleveland! We'll see who can stay on the wagon and lose the most weight by Thanksgiving.

Tonight's dinner was a delicious vegan stir fry of onion, red bell pepper, broccoli, snap peas, carrots, ginger, and garlic. We made it with a side of brown rice with peas mixed in. I made a spicy/sweet sauce of veg broth, soy sauce, Sriracha (that's an Asian hot pepper sauce that is a staple in my kitchen), Healthy Boy (another Asian sauce that's thick, sweet and dark like molasses) and a bit of cornstarch for thickening.

We are satisfied and fortified for our night out at women's roller derby. We're going to see the Tiger Beat Downs vs. the Flaming Hips. It should be a slammin' good time! Pics to come.

No comments: