Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday. I love the notion of a day dedicated to gratitude--at least that's how I choose to interpret it. I don't pause nearly often enough to focus on how incredibly fortunate I am. I'm so well endowed over and above the basics (food, shelter, clothing). I have family and friends whom I love and who love me back. I have meaningful work with people whom I don't just tolerate, but whose company I would actively seek out if I weren't lucky enough to have it on a daily basis. I have satellite radio.

This year, Andy and I are doing the same thing for Thanksgiving that we did last year, which is to spend the day and night in Wytheville with Andy's 3 kids and his ex-wife and her husband. I know it sounds a bit unconventional, but we're all grownups and it just makes the most sense, considering how challenging it is for Andy and his ex-wife to see all 3 of their fabulous kids at the same time. We did this same thing last year and it worked out great.

Wytheville is truly beautiful in the fall, and I expect the leaves to be even more vivid this year. Their home is situated in the mountains and you can literally watch deer roaming their property. I will take my camera with me and see if I can get some good pics.

So I wish all (what, 3 or 5) of my readers a wonderful Thanksgiving! Please feel free to let me know what you did, what you cooked (no Robyn, I don't mean you) and what you ate!

No comments: