Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Thinque Bag!


This bag is a collaborative effort between my friend Bridget Gethins and myself. I call it the Thinque bag because that is the name of the Etsy shop we started together--THIN for the last part of her name and QUE for the last part of mine. I have since moved on from Etsy, but Bridget is still going strong with it, adding new and wonderful creations to the shop all the time!

Bridget did all the beadwork on this bag and I did the knitting, felting and finishing. I love the delicate tree design, and how the pearls remind me of when the buds on the trees are nice and fat in the spring. I am a little embarrassed to admit that I had this stored in an unfinished state for well over a year. I was so happy to finish it today and I can't wait to give it to Bridget!


No comments: