Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I'm Definitely Keeping My Day Job

This evening, I had what I can only describe as the worst performing night of my life.

I can't begin to figure out why. It was just one of those nights when I simply could not remember a damn thing! Songs I have been walking around singing relentlessly all week. Suddenly, you put me in an evening gown, stick me up on a stage with some lights and a microphone, and I am a deer in the headlights!

I told the kindly gentleman who hired me for the job that I would send him a refund for all the words that never got sung.

Ah well, life goes on. I plan to stock up on Ginkgo Biloba as soon as possible.

9 comments:

pnlkotula said...

So sorry you didn't have a great time. I recently had one of those moments where I wanted to yell "but I'm good - really!" I know it doesn't help, but I'm sure they loved you as much as we do.

Janine Serresseque said...

Aww, thanks! I'd rather laugh about it than cry about it!

JB said...

Janine - I thought you were fantastic - you sounded amazing and looked Beautiful!!

Janine Serresseque said...

JB, you are a right broad. Sorry I was too crabby to come to Comfort. I've missed you! Thanks for coming to the gala!

Anonymous said...

Aww Neen...no way man did it make a bit of difference I bet. Your voice is amazing and mistakes like that just make you more endearing!

I wish I could have been there!

Janine Serresseque said...

Jake, you are a doll. We've shared many a night on stage together, haven't we? The good, the bad, the beautiful and the ugly!

Unknown said...

Everyone who has ever performed has moments like that. Bur I am sure your built in charm would have carried you through. wish I had been there Iwould have cheered the loudest Love Andy's Dad

porchfiddler said...

That is so sweet and you warmed my heart. We'll see you in just a few days! Can't wait.
Love
Janine

Unknown said...

Hey You Cutie Patootie!

Welcome to humanbeingdom!

Still -- live in the perfection that God created you to be! That is the only truth. Honest people always see the truth.

I love you, Cousine,

Karenna (my Finnish name)